Faction agent 5e: There are a good number of organizations that are active across the North and even across the face of the faction which is not demarked with geographical structure. you can get more d&d 5e backgrounds from here. These factions pursue their agenda without regard for any kind of political boundaries. Even their members operate anywhere the organization feels the need for.
These are in the form of groups and employ listeners, rumormongers, smugglers, sellswords, cache holders, haven keepers, and message drop minders. Most important at the core of every faction are those who don’t merely fulfill a small function for the organization but at the same time serves as its hands head and heart.
With the prelude of adventure, you can work as an agent to the faction in faerun. Even you can operate openly as well as secretly depending on the faction and its goals.
Check also: D&D Weapons
Faction Agent 5e D&D
For becoming an adventurer, it’s really not necessary to relinquish membership into a faction and that might enhance your status in the faction and its goals as well as it’s also going to help with letting know how these goals mesh with the own.
So becoming adventurous doesn’t necessarily require relinquishing membership into a faction and it does enhance your status in the faction.
- Skill Proficiencies: Insight & one Intelligence, Wisdom, (OR) Charisma skill of your choice, as appropriate to faction
- Languages: Two of your choice
- Equipment: Badge or emblem of the Lords of Waterdeep, a code-book for covert communication, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 15 GP
The skills and efficiency
The faction agent 5e holds wisdom or that of charisma skill of your choice. Other than that, they also hold insight and one intelligence which are also appropriate to faction.
When it’s about the equipment, it’s a pouch containing 15 GP which is a copy of the seminal faction text or a codebook for a covert faction. Other than these it contains a set of common clothes and a badge or emblem of the faction.
Don’t miss: D&D 5e Players handbook pdf
With the lack of large, centralized governments across the north and along the sword coast its likely to direct responsibility for the proliferation of secret societies and conspiracies in these lands. If the background is as an agent for one of the main factions in the north and sword coast then there are some possibilities.
- The harpers were founded for more than a millennium. They were disbanded and recognized several times where the harpers remain powerful behind the scenes agency.
- This acts to thwart evil and promote fairness through knowledge rather than brute force. The helper agents are often proficient in an investigation which enabled them to be adept at snooping and spying.
- The reason often seeks aid from other harpers, sympathetic bards and innkeepers, rangers, and that of the clergy of gods which are aligned with the harper’s ideals.
- The order of the gauntlet is one of the new power groups in faerun and bears an agenda that stands similar to the harpers. Its methods are vastly different with bearers of the gauntlet being holy warriors on a righteous quest for crushing evil and promote justice. The most important thing is they never hid in the shadows. The order agents tend to be proficient in religion and frequently seek aid from the law enforcement friendly to the ideals of the order as well to the clergy of the orders patron gods.
- Maintaining balance in the natural order and combating the forces which have threatened that balance in the two-fold goal of the emerald enclave. Those who serve the faction are considered masters of survival and living off the land. They are often proficient if nature and can seek assistance from the woodsmen, hunters, rangers, barbarian tribes, druid circles as well as priests who revere the gods of nature.
- The lord’s alliance is another popular faction agent 5e which on one level promotes its agents of the cities and other governments that constitutes the alliance. But the most important thing is as a faction with interests and concerns that transcend local politics and geography. Most important is the alliance has its own cadre of individuals who work on behalf of the organization, wider agendas. It’s the alliance agents that are required to be knowledgeable in history and can always believe in the aid of the government which is part of the alliance and other leaders and groups who uphold the alliance’s ideas.
- The zhentarim has above all become more visible in the globe at large. The reason behind it is that working as a group to improve its reputation among the common people it’s the faction that draws the workers and associates from a long way and setting them to tasks that are quite often proficient in deception. They do seek aid from the wizards, mercenaries, merchants, and priesthoods allied with the zhentarim.
The safe heaven
Being the faction agent 5e you can have better access to the secret network of supporters and operatives who can provide assistance on adventures.
Don’t miss: Disintegrate 5e D&D
With a set of secret signs and passwords, you can use it to identify such operatives those who can provide access to the hidden safe house, free room, and board as well as assistance in finding information.
These agents never risk their lives or neither they risk revealing their true identities.
|I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person’s deeds and example.
|I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.
|I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.
|Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
|I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
|I am tolerant (or intolerant) of other faiths and respect (or condemn) the worship of other gods.
|I have enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society among my temple’s elite. Rough living grates on me.
|I have spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
|Options For Flaws
|I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.
|I put too much trust in those who wield power within my factions rank, especially the Leaders.
|My conviction sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that support and praise my faction.
|I am inflexible in my thinking.
|I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.
|Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.
|Options For Ideals
|Tradition. The principles of my faction must be preserved and upheld. (Lawful)
|Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
|Change. We must help bring about the changes our faction is striving towards so that we can change the world. (Chaotic)
|Power. I strive to one day rise to the top of my faction’s rank. (Lawful)
|Faith. I trust that my faction will aid me in times of need. If I work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)
|Aspiration. I seek to prove myself a capable member of my faction by mirroring my actions to faction ideals. (Any)
|Options For Bond
|I would die to recover influential relics that would aid my faction towards our goals.
|I will someday get revenge on the corrupt faction Mentor who branded me a traitor.
|I owe my life to a faction Stalwart who took me in when my parents died.
|Everything I do is for the common people.
|I will do anything to protect the faction I represent.
|I seek to clear the name of an undercover agent who has been wrongfully declared a turncoat.
Featuring the favor of the masked lords
The masked lords are among the important part of faction agent 5e and cast once per session that takes place in the city of water deep. You can call for aid from the city watch in the name of the masked lords. The effect of that aid is up to your DM’s discretion but includes:-
- Overlooking some of the minor criminal offenses.
- Learning some pieces of information which the watch knows as part of a criminal investigation.
- Permitting sleep in safety at one of the city watch barracks.
- Making an arrest
- Providing with one veteran per tier of your character to get back into a potentially violent city business.
These are free to use as the inheritance of the story hoots with sending on quests to learn more about its history or true nature with confronting foes that you want to claim it for them or prevent from learning what you seek.